Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Sunday Post, pt. 2

Today at church we met a woman who worked the VA hospital before Katrina. She told us about all the people she knew in the hurricane that had died, including an entire family who drowned because they didn't leave New Orleans. The VA hospital hasn't reopened yet and she is without work and still mourns the loss of her friends. I was very surprised to find she was so open with her losses. That was the first time a stranger has been that open with me. It was an eery and amazing feeling.

Sam Haycock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listening is an act of healing. Listening is doing God's work.

bishop marc said...

dear godsquad,
i've been enjoying your posts, and it great to think of you with camp ubuntu and st. luke's? are you working with the freedom school too? i hope you experience the dance circle (my name is marc, and i'm next on the list, i get my reputation cause i do it like this...[dance moves follow]). you are all in my prayers